The EdTech Hub is seeking an experienced full-time Senior Developer for a period of approximately 4 months starting immediately. There is the potential that the role will continue into a longer-term role.
The EdTech Hub is building digital services to give education decision-makers access to advice and evidence about the use of technology in education. Planned features include an interactive “EdTech Playbook” that will get users to the information that is right for them given their context, a filterable database of EdTech tools and initiatives, and basic pages for sharing content in blog posts and other static formats.
We are seeking a full-stack developer with 5+ years of experience. They will be responsible for building quality, well-tested software and services according to best practices. They will write, adapt, maintain and support well-tested code to help build services that meet the needs of users. They will keep security, accessibility, and open standards in mind. The Senior Developer will solve technical problems when needed.
- …have a passion and skill for delivering high-quality code
- …have experience with open source content management tools like WordPress or Drupal
- …enjoy identifying the right tools to solve each problem
- …are used to working on an agile team, in sprints, constantly iterating, and are excited about Test-Driven Development
- …engage well with others, inspire collaboration and creativity, and can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences alike
Then this position may be the perfect fit for you! Interested? Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and if possible include links to your GitHub page or other work portfolio. Also include your daily rate and availability. We will begin reviewing applications and scheduling interviews with qualified candidates as soon as we receive them, so don’t delay!
We are open to developers based anywhere in the world, particularly in the regions where our work is focused: Africa and Asia.