Resources from other organisations
Response efforts and collated resources
- Global Partnership for Education (GPE)’s response and resources
- INEE (Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies) collated resources organised by theme
- COVID-19 ICT4E resources from mEducation Alliance members
- UNESCO’s response to COVID-19 including information about distance learning tools and national platforms
- UNHCR’s guidance on distance learning
- World Bank resources to help countries respond to education impacts of COVID-19
Principles and standards for creating digital services and tools
In responding to crisis situations, it’s even more important to ensure digital services and tools are designed around user needs and built in appropriate ways.
- Learn about the Principles for Digital Development – nine guidelines designed to help practitioners integrate established best practices into technology-enabled programmes.
- The California state government’s crisis standard and Lou Downe’s ten principles for design in a crisis may also be useful in helping you identify standards for building digital services during the COVID-19 pandemic.