Website EdTech Hub
A core role within the Hub Central Services team has become available. The EdTech Hub Research Finance Manager will work closely with the Chief of Operations for the Hub and the Research Portfolio Manager to oversee and manage financial elements of the Hub’s research portfolio. Specifically, the Research Finance Manager will support the 9 hub led research teams to manage their finances on a day-to-day basis; this includes supporting budgeting and forecasting and leading on obtaining quotes, tracking accruals, invoicing and payments, and finance reporting to the Hub. The Research Finance Manager might also be required to provide similar support to other output leads outside the research portfolio.
The right person will have experience of finance management on donor programmes (preferably FCDO) and in managing multiple workstream budgets. The candidate should be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to develop creative solutions as the Hub grows and changes. The right person will have strong financial management skills, and must be highly skilled in Excel and/or google sheets. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills and must be able to work well within a large team.
This position is home based in the UK and will report to the EdTech Hub Chief of Operations. Periodic travel to an office in London for meetings could be required. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
While the role is full time, requests for flexible working will be considered. The Hub Finance Manager is required to liaise with colleagues in Hub countries and in the US, which might on the rare occasion require attending meeting before 9am or after 5pm.
The salary will be circa £45k-£48k per annum with 25 days annual leave and pension contributions.
1. Track, manage and report on finances
- Track financial commitments and expenditure and adjust at least monthly, or more frequently if needed to ensure up to date financial forecasts are in place for each of the research studies.
- Work with the Research Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager and COO to ensure up to date financial information is available to R4D and donors, specifically by inputting research and output specific budgets into the Master budget.
- Develop and use a dashboard to report research finance data and performance to the Research Directors and Core Delivery Team.
- Provide financial information to the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for VFM reporting purposes.
- Feed in to supply chain management and FCDO IATI data quarterly or as required.
2. Develop budgets and templates
- Set up donor and grant / intervention specific financial templates and support the research / technical teams to use this effectively.
- Develop intervention, annual, quarterly, and monthly budgets for the Hub Research Studies, and for any other outputs where support might be required.
- Support the COO and Research Portfolio Manager to ensure technical teams, consortium members and individual consultants are aware of budget allocations and operate within these budgets.
- Work with the Research Portfolio Manager to help research and output teams scope inputs and benchmark rates appropriately to ensure Value for Money.
- Request invoices from subcontractors, grantees and individual consultants (all invoices, except Consortium Partners)
- Undertake QA of invoices, including drawing information from the R4D ERP system, comparing invoices with budgets and forecasts, and ensuring technical sign off before payment.
- Process invoices on the R4D finance system (Jamis) for approval.
- Be the main liaison for subcontractors, grantees and individual consultants on financial queries including invoicing and payments.
- Serve as liaison between the Hub Central Services team and the research teams on finances.
- Support the development of research budgets for additional funding.
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant professional qualification
- 5+ years of relevant experience; experience of FCDO programmes is highly desired.
- Demonstratable experience of developing budgets and forecasts, tracking and managing resources, and developing financial reports
- Experience managing multi-donor program with complex revenue and pricing structures.
- Experience operating with an org-wide ERP system.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial transactions and related impact on project and overall organization’s annual operating plan.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Able to work independently in a fast-changing environment, taking initiative and balancing competing demands
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present financial data to technical staff
- Able to work well with a wide range of team members from diverse professional and personal backgrounds
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.