EdTech Hub regularly hosts events around the calendar year, often featuring leading academics and experts in the field of education and EdTech.
Our events offer an opportunity to hear from the authors behind the work, with a particular focus on our focus areas; learners, teachers and education systems.
Tuesday 27 July 2021, 12:00 – 2:00pm East Africa Time
Join the Government of Kenya, KPMG, and EdTech Hub for this GPE side event to learn about how EdTech has supported learning continuity in Kenya since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, and how EdTech and innovation can improve education access and outcomes.
Introducing a festival of voices
On Thursday 22nd July 2021, The EdTech Hub and Sandbox Community got together to share their experiences of implementing edtech, as part of the EdTech Hub event, Implementing EdTech: a Festival of Voices.
On Wednesday 21st July 2021, UNICEF, the World Bank, and EdTech Hub co-hosted a side event of the Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025.
The event featured a discussion of shared ambitions and challenges of reaching children with high-quality digital learning. It included government perspectives on national EdTech priorities, EdTech Hub perspectives on coordinated assistance in support of those priorities, and partner reflections.
Learning to access, access to learning
On Tuesday 23rd March EdTech Hub held a roundtable hosted by Cambridge Network for Disability and Education Research (CaNDER) and School of Education (University of Glasgow) to discuss the findings of a systematic literature review focusing on the extent to which EdTech is supporting the learning of children with disabilities in primary school settings in low and middle-income countries.
- Charlotte V. McClain-Nhlapo – Global Disability Advisor of the World Bank Group.
- Sarah Shaikh – Deaf Reach Schools, Training Centers and Colleges, Family Educational Services Foundation in Pakistan.
- Jenipher Ngwira-Mbukwa – Head of Special Needs Education Department, The Catholic University of Malawi
Findings from the systematic review, presented by Dr Paul Lynch (University of Glasgow) and Dr Gill Francis (University of York). Chaired by Professor Nidhi Singal (University of Cambridge).
Edtech and Covid-19: 10 things to know
On March 2nd EdTech Hub brought together education leaders, including teachers, program managers and policymakers, to reflect on a year of EdTech and Covid-19, discuss the lessons learned so far and consider how we can prepare for the future.
- Helen Grant MP, UK Prime Minister’s Special Envoy on Girls’ Education
- David Sengeh, Sierra Leone’s Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education and Head of the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Ranjit Disale, Global Teacher Prize Winner 2020
- Sarah Shaikh, Director, Deaf Reach Program, Pakistan
- Albert Nsengiyumva, Executive Secretary of the Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA)